healeys

Re: scuttle 'shake, rattle and roll'

To: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Subject: Re: scuttle 'shake, rattle and roll'
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:38:33 +0100
Hi Jack, what you describe is exactly what I did half a year ago. And it worked
like a charm. Runs as calm as my allday driver. But one question came up when I
watched the guy doing patiently his work.

After having balanced the wheels dynamically he put them on the car to do the
static balancing (he called it electronical balancing). In this process he
glued some more weights on the rim. I wondered whether these added weights
normally would disturb the dynamical balancing. How could he know where to glue
the weights (outer or inner edge)?

Just a thought from an unknowing....

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany