healeys

Re: How 'bout those burning feet?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How 'bout those burning feet?
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:18:10 -0400
Hi, Doug -

I tried using Dynamat, which is a felt material faced with aluminum foil, but
I found the foil very delicate and vulnerable to damage, and the loosely
packed felt made a mess when trying to glue it down.  A much better solution
is the 1/4" thick double aluminized Mylar-faced plastic bubblewrap insulation.
I found this in a local building supply store.  It's easy to cut and fit into
place (make a paper template first), and very durable.

After sealing all the air leaks in the firewall, insulating my floors with the
bubblewrap, and covering both sides of the fiberglass transmission tunnel with
the same stuff, my BJ8 is no hotter in the cockipit than any other car without
air conditioning.  Before I did this, one summer the heel of my accelerator
pedal shoe melted!

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666