healeys

AW: distributor springs

To: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: AW: distributor springs
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:57:51 +0200
Richard, I was in need of the spring set as well some time ago and was pointed
to a company in the UK (don't know the name anymore). They claimed to have the
right springs but hadn't. Don't ask how I know. After contacting several other
suppliers I learned that they are hard/impossible to get. Some sets still exist
and they are in the hands of distributor rebuilders who won't sell them unless
you let them rebuild your distributor. I changed to a Mallory dual point. Never
regretted it, though I've heard of someone down under rebuilding and regraphing
dizzys obviously doing his job more than good without asking horrendous prices.
I'm sure, other listers can name him. Good luck.

Eric            BT7
Heinsberg/Germany

I'm in need of one or both counterweight springs (SPRING SET, auto advance,
DM6A Distributor 40662 (Original - Spring - auto advance 27H 5316 9) )  If
anyone knows where these can be obtained or has any suggestion for what I
should do to solve this problem, I'd be most appreciative.      Richard
Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma