healeys

not healey jag 120 rear end hubs

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: not healey jag 120 rear end hubs
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:45:08 -0400
Having an extremely hard time removing the rear hubs for replacement on a 53
XK120 ( salisbury axle). We tried a strong 3 pt puller and impact gun with
cherry red heat and only moved it  about 3 /16th in. it will not budge from
there. Tried also to remove axle from housing with backplate and it will not
pull either ( I know we are moving the bearing race along with it but it
should pop ). At that point we could take off with the press.
Anybody have any sound advice from experience with this axle ?
Thanks,
Carroll Phillips