healeys

Re: Fuel pumps

To: "Fred Wescoe" <fredwescoe@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
From: "Peter Hunt" <peter@easterton.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:52:45 +0100
Fred,

I used a wooden mallet today to wake up the SU fuel pump on my '63 BJ7.
Fortunately it kept supplying fuel to the carburettors and did not need any
more persuasion.

I would suggest looking at the UK supplier of SU pumps - www.burlen.co.uk
they can supply new or reconditioned SU pumps and can also supply a
contactless kit for these pumps. (Still produces the clicking sound)  This
the way I went with my other '62 BT7 Healey and never had a problem since
after 36,000 miles, even when laid up for several months at a time.

No need to install another pump, a converted SU will do the job. Standard SU
pumps like to be used on a regular basis.

Peter Hunt
www.easterton.com

'62 BT7
'63 BJ7