healeys

Re: 4th of July

To: tomfelts@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 4th of July
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:49:42 -0500
I think that a couple of list members taking their Healeys out on a summer
day and running them in front of crowds is exactly on topic. We have an
award in the local club for the member who takes their car to the most
public events in the year, including shows, parades, cruise ins and just
about anything short of running it to the grocery store.
 At the risk of climbing the soapbox that everyone down here in the Houston
club knows I love to climb, I think if you want to ensure the next
generation of Healey owners, the best way to do it is get them out in the
public. Put a Healey in an mutli marque (or make, as the case may be) show,
and watch the muscle car guys come over and check the competition. Be
friendly, tell them about the car, and some of them will get that they have
family cars with big engines, we have sports cars!
 Now I just have to get my car back on the road so I can walk the walk and
not just talk the talk!!!
 Patton