Re: Future of Geez development? (Was: New To Geez)

To: "Brian Kennedy" <Stradale@everybody-fits.com>,
Subject: Re: Future of Geez development? (Was: New To Geez)
From: "lgzWilsons" <lgz.wilsons@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:27:08 -0700
Hello All,

Apologies in advance, this is a 'bit' long.

I'd like to introduce myself to those who may not know me.
My name is Lindsay Wilson and I have taken on the sales and technical
support for Geez!.
Byron has chosen to concentrate his efforts on his 'real' business, AFS
Software, Inc. and thus was looking for someone to help with Geez.  As
circumstance would have it, I was the victim of a workforce reduction so had
'some time on my hands'.  :)  (In other words, I took a nice separation
package when the company I was working for eliminated my job.)

I met Byron in Colorado Springs where we both competed in the local Rocky
Mountain Solo Series (RMSS).  Byron and I were active in organizing the RMSS
events.  Anyone recall Rocky Mountain Solo Week, AKA solo 'till you puke?
But I digress.  I have been an SCCA member since 1986, have organized local
events, Solo Trials events and have co-chaired Solo2 Nationals twice with
Colan Arnold.  I was a member of the SCCA National Board of Directors
representing Area 8.  Currently I am the Youth Steward for Colorado and
Continental Divide Regions, a member of the Kart Advisory Committee (KAC),
and a member of the Board of Directors of SCCA Enterprises.

My first Solo2 event was in a 'borrowed' Ford Mustang GT at an event which
John -Grand Master- Ames had told me about.  John and I just happened to
work for the same company.  But that was not my first exposure to AutoX.
Years earlier I had worked events at the Pleasanton Fair Grounds in Northern
California.  My neighbor was a member of the Northern California Chevys Car
Club.  He would take me to the events at Pleasanton where I would work,
sometimes as the starter!  not even old enough yet to have my drivers
license.  :)  Those were the early 70's.  Times have changed, eh?  After the
'borrowed' Mustang GT, I got my own Mustang and attended my first Nationals.
Since then I've driven a variety of cars including a Lola S2000 (CM), Probe
GT (GS), Probe SE (HS), Escort ZX2 (ES), Escort ZX2-SR (ES) and currently
pilot a Shifter Kart in F125.

Geez got it's start when I introduced Brent Dewitt to Byron.  Brent had been
working on something he called a Glogger.  I used a Glogger prototype on
Leonard Vasholtz's Pikes Peak winning Super Stock Truck Ford Explorer.
Byron purchased the rights to the Glogger from Brent and then tossed Brent's
design and built his own system.  The real 'work' of Geez was the Software
which Byron wrote.  Of course this is 'my' memory of history.  Byron's may
be different! :)

Current Status of GEEZ;  Geez is available!  Yes, we are shipping units.
Plans are to start on an update to the Geez software in the March / April
time frame.  This update will bring Geez up to the Win XP generation.  This
is NOT a major overhaul of Geez.  Just an update to bring the product
current.  Along with a Geez update we will also be updating the Geez Palm
application to be compatible with Palm OS 5.x.  Some benefits of the Geez
update will be; CD-ROM installation, USB Dongle support, eliminate the need
for the BDE, allow long file names and possibly MAC capability using virtual
PC.

Future plans;  in no particular order nor priority!
    Palm viewer of BASIC Geez data (lateral, accel. and friction circle
charts. maybe usage / aggressiveness numbers.)
    GPS unit.  (Don't hold your breath, this will be a long development
program.)  :)
    I.R. Beacon timer for lapping days.  (another development program.)
    Geez Dyno, (de-contended version of Geez software.)
    Add 'Torque' gauge
    Lots of 'little' tweaks that have been asked for.

We are here, in Colorado Springs, CO, to help you.
Got a question, need some help, please give us a call.
9 AM - 9 PM (most days we aren't at an event) MST.
We'll try our best to help.

        THANK YOU All for being Geez customers and Geez users!

        Lindsay

Lindsay S. Wilson, President
Extreme Geez!. Inc.
1.888. 909-0818