Re: Newbie: How to download data from Palm to desktop?

To: "Chris Teague" <cteague@cox.net>, "Geez" <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie: How to download data from Palm to desktop?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 00:03:09 -0400
At 08:20 AM 5/26/2002 -0700, Chris Teague wrote:
>OK, it's morning now, and I solved the problem.
>The palm was still set on auto record, and I guess it
>didn't like to download in that mode.  When I told it
>to stop recording, then I could download all the files.
>
>At the autox, I left it on auto record for the whole run
>group, (3 runs for my wife and I, and one rerun).  But
>instead of 7 runs, I got 15, some very short.  So I assume
>next time I should turn the recorder on/off in grid?
>
>Chris

Until Byron responds . . .

First guess is that you are getting autostarts when/if you move the car on
grid and/or to the start line, especially if you move "forcefully". Byron's
help info or someone with your type of car might give you some better
autostop/start and minimum run settings.

FYI for my CM FF I use 0.60 AutoStart G's (it launches "firmly"), 0.10
AutoStop G's, 3 second autostop duration and 20 min run.

Depending on the time between sides in a Pro Solo it will either record
each side of a "pair" as separate runs or it will link them as one run even
though the time sitting still in the staging line and/or at the light
exceeds the 3 second autostop setting . . . by a bunch. Byron has explained
this somewhere but I keep forgetting the explanation:-)

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF