Newbie: How to download data from Palm to desktop?

To: "Geez" <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie: How to download data from Palm to desktop?
From: "Chris Teague" <cteague@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 21:50:06 -0700
OK, I got some runs stored in the palm OK (at least
I think so).  My desktop is running Windows XP, which
others have said works OK.  the geez app seem to work
fine with the sample data.

So I run the geez app on the PC, and select download
palm from the file menu.  I instantly get a file not found
error, then I click OK.  I am left with a dialog box that
says "download Palm", with the serial status saying
"No connection".  but my palm is on.  I tried running
the download palm app on the palm, before and after, and
it also says "no connection" but it shows 15 runs.

I have tried both the serial cable, and the cradle.  The palm
itself will sync to the PC fine.  And if I look in the palm folder after
sync,
I do see a file called  GCubeData.pdb in the backup directory.
So I know the cables are good, and I assume the data I need
is in the pdb file.

Any ideas on how  to get the download app to work from
palm to PC?  Or can I just us that PDB file?

Chris