Re: [evolution-disc.] GEEZ with new IBM laptop

To: "Mike Bullis" <mike@benchmarksales.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] GEEZ with new IBM laptop
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:25:24 -0700
Hey, I'd like to know the same things.

The dongle is in fact a 2-way device (boy does that sound kinky) so if someone
has found a USB->parallel adapter that works with a parallel zip drive, it would
be a good starting point.  There's got to be a USB to parallel solution
somewhere...

We had the same problem initially with USB to serial adapters.  We tried a
couple with no good results.  One of them was pretty pricey, like $70, and it
didn't work.  Since then, we've found some that do.  My favorite is the USB to
Serial Adapater from Palm, it's $30.  It turns any USB port into a serial port,
which can be used with any serial device: external modem, Palm Hotsynch, G-Cube,
etc.

We will get a USB dongle solution soon (I hope) but if anyone knows how to
resolve this shorter term, it would be great!

--Byron