Re: Left G's Higher than Right

To: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>, bshort@AFSinc.com
Subject: Re: Left G's Higher than Right
From: Clemens Burger <burgerc@iquest.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:49:00 -0500
I made similar observations both in my 944 last year, and in my MR2 this
year.  The readings have been consistently higher by at least 0.1 g for
left turns than for right turns.  I was wondering if it was the car set-up
(more weight on the left?) or my driving style/me going too slow around
right-hand turns (I've always felt more comfortable turning left than right).

Ever since I installed the G-Cube in the Toyota with a new Velcro patch, it
won't stick.  The adhesive is a kind of gooey and the Cube keeps rotating
left while I run.  I thought that this falsifies the readings.

I might turn the Cube around some day to check the effect.  I should
probably also find a better method to install the Cube.

Clemens