RE: Left G's Higher than Right

To: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>,
Subject: RE: Left G's Higher than Right
From: "Colin Watson" <colinw@driverlabs.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:12:24 -0800
Byron,

Your calculations for a 5 degree misaligned cube assumed the maximum
sustained G's were measured on corner exit where the car is accelerating at
0.30g. On corner entry I would expect the braking component could be much
greater than 0.30g.

What is a reasonable value for the braking component? I suspect that the
difference between how fast the car accelerates vs. decelerates combined
with the alignment angle is what causes the skew.

How far off does the cube have to be misaligned before it makes an
acceleration/deceleration run down a flat runway into an S curve?

-Colin Watson