Left G's Higher than Right

To: GEEZ List <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Left G's Higher than Right
From: Ron Katona <rkatona@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:59:22 -0500
Hi all, newbie list member question here...

100% my GEEZ data from this season showed left G forces (peak and
sustained) about .15 G higher than right Gs. The car subjectively does
not feel like it turns better to the left. It has coil-overs and has
been corner balanced, carefully aligned, and weighs only 60 lb more (out
of 3130) on the left side with the driver in place. Other people have
driven the car and haven't noticed that it won't turn right (maybe I've
found the perfect NASCAR setup).

I'm using a G-Cube with a Palm-IIIxe and the latest versions of GEEZ
downloaded from the website. I've calibrated the G-Cube several times
using the Palm and the same batteries used for the runs. The G-Cube is
velcroed placed in a little bin between the front seats and is quite
snug in there. It's about as close to the CG of the car as I can get it
and appears to be level and aligned with the centerline of the car.

FWIW, I've seen peaks of up to 1.40 G left, but only about 1.25 right.
Sustained is about 1.25 Left and 1.10 right. All other data seems normal
for this car (ESP M3). In order to get my maps to look like the courses,
I usually have to add "more right" on the calibration window. To me, the
right turn data seems much more realistic.

.15 G seems significant to me. Could the car really be that much better
to the left, or is it more likely that the G-Cube is
misaligned/calibrated? If it's the G-Cube/GEEZ software, what's the most
likely problem? Any ideas, opinions, advice greatly appreciated.

Ron Katona