Re: G-analyst vs. Geez-Cube

To: geez@autox.team.net, Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: G-analyst vs. Geez-Cube
From: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:54:14 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Jeff wrote:

> $400 bundled with the cube.  I'm sure the G-Analyst is more than $100 and it
> only holds 8 minutes of data.  Don't forget, there's no autostart on it so
> each run may take something like 2 min of G-Analyst memory.  It's also got 2
> large clunky pieces you have to secure, there's a screwy calibration process
> and the dos download software isn't exactly the best.

On the pro side for the G-analyst, you don't have to buy a Palm PDA ($150
+ cable) or you don't have to figure how to strap down your
expensive/fragile laptop computer in the car. I'd also be worried about
leaving a laptop in the pits or the temptation for an outsider to the
event "lifting" it. If you use the Palm,
then you have the added step of downloading to your laptop to view the
run? With G-analyst at least you can view your run immediately after
your finish (without the detail of Geez! software of course). Some
people have had problems getting autostart to work properly with Geez! How
many people have time to run the Geez! software at an event between
runs? I find after-event analysis with a printout most
beneficial/efficient. And in my case I had my G-analyst before Geez! was
developed. Your points about the cube' advantages I agree with though.

--
Yours in motorsport, Wesley E. Shew   [ macher ;-) ]
#99 AS 1991 PORSCHE 944 S2 cpe 3.0L(M030&LSD)Indischrot/Schwarz Kunstleder
 #53 FSP 1980 VW Scirocco Mk.I, 1.6L bal.& blueprt, Platinum Grey Metallic
  SCCA (NWR) & PCA (CWR) Vancouver, Canada  (604)677-1944 schumi@vcn.bc.ca