Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)

To: rasmussend@mindspring.com, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:17:55 EDT
rasmussend@mindspring.com writes:

<< Hopefully this means that Palm III battery life is fine if you have healthy
 batteries at the beginning of an event and leave it on for a half hour or
 more "several" times during the event.  >>

The issue for me has never been the Palm batteries.  I have had a number of
events where the 9V battery went low during the middle of a run, but would
then power up again for the next run, only to do the same.  Maybe I got a bad
batch of Duracell batteries?  There is also an issue with calibration
relative to 9V booster battery strength.  I guess I'm also too lazy to have
to unscrew the booster cover and check the 9V battery power level every time.
 I just got burned so many times that I play it safe and shut the system
down, but to ensure coming back on in the autostart mode I have to power down
the Palm first.  Nothing more, to each their own.

Mark