Re: Assorted Nationals Runs

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Assorted Nationals Runs
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:35:49 -0700
To clear up a few questions that I know are lurking....

The "older" G-Cubes have a label attached to them, while the "newer"
ones have silk-screening directly on the cases.  Internally the newer
ones have a slightly different firmware which takes advantage of a low
level calibration at the start of each new recording, calibrate, or
autostart.

The Palm PRC's were updated to take advantage of this new calibration
call in early September, however, the newer PRC's will continue to work
just fine with the earlier Cubes.  We made sure that any new commands we
added for the G-Cube to understand are invisible to older Cubes, so we
maintain backwards compatibility.

Upon further reflection, Mark, your cube is one of the older ones.  The
definite way to tell is by looking at the Cube.  So I guess that means I
still don't understand how you went as fast as you went on the north
course and pulled such relatively low g's.  I'll continue to ponder.
What kind of peak and absolute values have you been recording since
Nationals?

--Byron