Re: Wish list items

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wish list items
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 18:16:35 -0400
At 01:10 PM 9/1/1999 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>Personally, in my FF, I'll stick with the 9V battery.  Just wish I had
>some kind of battery strength indicator...

Mark, et al:

I started with fresh batteries in a Palm III and a fresh 9volt.

Was careful to always turn off the 9 v supply when the Palm was off. Used
the Palm for downloads and a little other Geez related stuff when the 9 v
was not on.

When the Palm batteries were down to 1/4 strength per the meter on the
Palm, I checked the 9 v by using one of the old Duracel battery strength
gauges which were part of the package and also with a volt meter (battery
out of the black plastic case). 9 v was at essentially full strength!
Replaced it anyway for Nats.

However, it appears that the 9 v lasts much longer than the AAA's in the Palm

I suggest buying 9 v batteries with the built in strength gauge or the
package gauge, which ever is available these days. My biggest concern with
the 9 v supply is how many times the case screws can be removed/inserted
before the plastic threads give up.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford