fot

[Fot] Temperary Numbers

Subject: [Fot] Temperary Numbers
From: jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com (Jack Wheeler)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 00:45:39 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi Bill.? When I completely rebuilt my TR-4 over the 1979-80 winter (new
frame, cage, lightened everything, etc.) prior to entering my first year of
full time National racing, I had an artist friend paint the numbers on, using a
sample that I provided.? I used number 11, which gave me a number of options if
I needed to change it (71, 17, 41, 14, 77, 44, etc.)? Before long, I needed to
repaint most of the car, so the numbers would be lost.? Before repainting, I
used tracing paper to outline the painted on numbers, then transferred the
tracing to a thin cardboard template which I used to outline the numbers on
Contact Paper.? I carried the template and a roll of Contact Paper in my log
book for the rest of my racing career, and kept them in my tow vehicle.? Handy,
if I got to a track and needed new numbers.? Contact Paper proved to be a
perfect medium.? Stayed on well, came off easily, and didn't leave any residue.
Regards,
Jack

    On Thursday, June 7, 2018, 6:02:50 PM EDT, Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot at