Re: [Roadsters] Removing Starter

To: "Shayna & Jim Powell" <jishpo@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Removing Starter
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:42:09 -0800
If it is accessing the starter that is giving you fits, then you may want to
remove the splash shield on the body frame / firewall that covers it.  That
is a post-production mod that they would effect in order to gain easier
access to the starter without removing the carbs, manifold.... etc.

Simply drill out the spot welds (just the spot-weld on the splash shield,
not THROUGH the firewall) and when finished replace with bolts.

http://www.team.net/archive