[Roadsters] L-18 questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] L-18 questions
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:49:27 -0600
Group,

Thanks to all who responded to my engine identification question last week.
The engine block says "L18" on this engine but the valve cover states
"1600". Can I assume that somewhere along the line someone replaced the
"1800" valve cover with a "1600"? Also, I picked up a very similar "1600"
valve cover years ago. It looks almost identical to the one on the L18
engine except that the bolt hole height in the casting are much shorter. The
overall height of the cover appears to be about the same, just the bolt
holes are shorter.  Any help in identifying it is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Harvey

http://www.team.net/archive