Re: [Roadsters] L-18 questions

To: Steve Harvey <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] L-18 questions
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 12:33:22 -0600
Steve,

That's almost certainly the case. I have several L-4 valve covers.
Some have Datsun OHC cast into them, and I think at least one has
Nissan OHC. IIRC, Bob Sharp sold one that had Bob Sharp Racing on it.
They're all interchangeable.

Another way to tell an L-18 block from a L-16, the L-18 has
cylindrical bulges on the passenger side of the block whereas the L-16
block is basically flat. An L-20b is 3/4 of an inch taller than the
L-16/18 and has two holes at the top of each side of the front cover
whereas the smaller engines only have one.

HTH,
Ron

> Thanks to all who responded to my engine identification question last week.
> The engine block says "L18" on this engine but the valve cover states
> "1600". Can I assume that somewhere along the line someone replaced the
> "1800" valve cover with a "1600"? Also, I picked up a very similar "1600"
> valve cover years ago. It looks almost identical to the one on the L18
> engine except that the bolt hole height in the casting are much shorter.
The

http://www.team.net/archive