Re: [Roadsters] OT: vintage pics for aircraft buffs

To: "'Bubba'" <bubwin@mts.net>, "'O'Farrell, Fergus'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: vintage pics for aircraft buffs
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:59:04 -0400
  I spent 3+ years floating the Atlantic with Uncle Sam onboard USS America
CVA66.  Watched way too many launches and landing of F4J Phantoms, A6E
Intruders, A7C Corsairs, RA5C Vigilantes, EA6B Prowlers, E2B Hawkeyes, and a
few others.  I had the pleasure(?) of launching once off the deck without a
catapult and once with.  Thankfully I only had to land once onboard.  I
think the "arresting" cable & hooks are named for the cardiac arrest they
cause on landing!
  The rest of the time I spent below the waterline working A/C and
refrigeration.  I spent way too much time in airports flying from home
(Ohio) to O'Hara for boot and training and then back and forth to Norfolk
while stationed on the America.  I've only flown twice since getting out
over 30 years ago.  Now a days, I'd rather drive.  Preferably in a roadster!

MANDATORY ROADSTER CONTENT
  Now if I can just finish staining the house, then I can get some new tires
and start driving mine again.

Paul
Ohio