Re: Turn signal

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turn signal
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:04:47 -0700
Well, you changed the two switches and the rest should be just wires and
lights.

You said that when you put the turn signal back from left to center the left
blinks but not the indicator. Is it a momentary blink or do they keep
blinking?

Wires from the turn signal switch:
Left = green w/red stripe
Right = greenw/black stripe
White = should be going to flasher

The middle position of the turn siganl switch is a dead spot. When you go
left or right on the switch a contact is pushed down. If you go left turn
signal the green w/red stripe is connected to the white. You can test this
with a multimeter. Unplug the switch and pu the leads on the corresponding
contacts and move the switch. Going left will show a short between the green
w/red and the white. Going right will show a short between the green w/black
and the white.

On a electronic digital multimeter the middle positon of the turn signal
switch will show open that is represented by a 0.L and usually an M to the
right side. A short will be something like a 0.1 through 0.8

Have fun!