Turn signal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Turn signal
From: stan <stathy@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:27:17 -0800
I'm finally at the re assembly stage of my roadster "rejuvination" and have
hit
a stumbling block with my turn signals.
I'm hoping someone could help.

Here is my problem, when i flip the lever to the right my right blinkers work
fine
as well as my directional indicator on my dash.
When I flip it to turn left nothing happens.  No ticking either from the turn
signal
flasher.  But, when I return the lever to the middle (off position) the left
turn blinkers flash but the directional indicator on my dash doesnt.

Heres what i've tested out so far:
I've changed the T/S flasher about 3 times with new units.
I've removed my turn signal assembly switch on my steering column and
replaced
it with a "newer" one and still get the same problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be?  Perhaps
a bad ground somewhere?

Many thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Stan in Coquitlam