Re: VERY squeaky breaks

To: egustavson@bigpond.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VERY squeaky breaks
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:11:46 EDT
The problem with using the anti-squeak goop on the back of the pads is the
little pins. It makes getting the pads out next time a real bear. The real
answer is nice soft organic pads. They wear out fast but don't squeak. A trick
I've tried is to take the pads out, put a bit of powdered graphite on the face
and rub them together. They didn't squeak till the next time it rained. BTW,
the  brakes still worked. Use just plane powdered graphite, no liquid carrier
or oil  mixed in.

keith