RE: OT: Old Car sound system-> RE: another radio question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT: Old Car sound system-> RE: another radio question
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:40:51 -0700
That's exactly what I purchased in the '70's. The AR turntable was great,
but I wanted just a little bit more automation, which is why I sold it and
purchased the Technics SL-1400.

There was a very interesting discussion on the local Seattle rock station
(KZOK) about the lack of music fidelity/quality. Most of us Baby Boomers
used to be able to spout all the specs regarding frequency response,
harmonic distortion, wattage (and we mean RMS not Peak! <g>), etc.

Today's digital/MP3/ringtones generation just doesn't realize how much sound
quality has been lost compared to analog. Of course, the quality doesn't
matter when your hearing is slowly being destroyed in a 4-wheel boombox.

Oh, well....

Pete
"Youth is wasted on the young."