Re: OT: Old Car sound system-> RE: another radio question

To: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Old Car sound system-> RE: another radio question
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:32:19 -0500
I remember these, I installed more than one of them in the 64~65 time
frame. They were really hard on records. The mechanism was suspended
inside the case on springs. The records were pushed up onto the center
post and the needle played the bottom side of the bottom record, then
dropped the record into the bottom of the case and played the next one.

The ones we sold/installed were Motorola.

I stayed with the 4 track machines myself!

Peace,
Pat