Re: Radio for '69 Roadsters?

To: Datsun list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio for '69 Roadsters?
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:55:16 -0700
Most Hitachi and Clarion radios from late 70's - early 80's Datsuns
will fit the high window cars. They are small and some have inputs
for external audio (though I haven't figured them out yet!).

To keep the original look you can remove the faceplate from the newer
radio and use the original (may require some shims). The only clues
that it is not original will be "FM" on the push buttons and the
sideways tuning numbers.

http://shiftco.com/features/the_rat/rat_026.html

You can use an inline FM modulator to add an mp3 player - just tune
the radio to the frequency of the modulator and hit play.

Leigh Brooks
Coalinga, CA