Re: Follow-up, alleged rim crack, weekend projects

To: Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Follow-up, alleged rim crack, weekend projects
From: TWFAUST@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:41:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2006 10:31:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com writes:

> I suspect that what I am dealing with is tire store bone-heads, and the
> tire/rim interface on the backside is where the leak is / was occuring.
> I have compiled pics but not available till tomorrow.

I don't mean to defend the boneheads. But, in my adventures with wheels, I
have noticed a surprising number of wheels are bent on the inner rim by impact
while appearing perfectly normal on the outer rim. I am told that this is
common but have never been offered an explanation. On high offset wheels, this
might be explained by the obvious fact that the inner rim has less support from
the center of the wheel.

Tom Faust