Re: Dashboard electrical issue

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashboard electrical issue
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 10:04:32 -0500
Just went through much the same exercise of our '70 2000. I printed the
(B&W, I wish it were color) '70 diagram 11 x 17 and took it to Staples where
they charged me a whole $2.00 to laminate it. They can print, mount on foam
core and laminate up to 24 x 36 color if you want.

I've also discovered that PB Blaster also cleans up corrosion on electrical
connector, but rather than spraying it on directly I'd suggest spraying some
on a Q-tip and rubbing it on the contacts. Better yet, use DeoxIt and
ProGold from Caig Laboratories. Radio Shack has them in a single package
(64-4338) for $15, but if you can find it at an electronics or pro
audio/video supply, you should be able to get much larger cans for about the
same price. Check them out at (http://caig.com/).

When tracing circuits be sure to start at one end and work to the other end.
You can usually use a 12 volt test light or a voltmeter.

FWIW,
Ron