Buttonwillow Raceway pics/videos

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buttonwillow Raceway pics/videos
From: Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:39:36 -0800
No, I didn't take the roadster, but yes, I had a blast!!!

A couple of 510s were at the track!!! I talked to one of the owners very
briefly.

Yellow/purple

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513186904/513186904gkkuvI

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513187284/513187284ERKEXR

Yellow

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513185687/513187154RdsNMG

3-240z cars

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513186634/513186634rlEPgC

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513185687/513186037oBIzKa

3 350z

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513186645/513186645QIhgZF

I took several videos to give you an idea of what it's like to be on the
track from grid to passing.we did a lead-follow and also a ride-along.some
good stuff here, but sound kinda sucks with the wind noise.

http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin

As you can probably see, my favorite part of the track is the Star Mazda
turn into the esses!

I ended up buying a set of KUMHO ECSTA MX tires, and I am very happy with
them. They did squeal a lot, but I think it's the Focus' suspension setup to
blame:-)  Nevertheless I passed a Lotus Elise and that's what it's all
about!  I don't know if it's normal but after this one track day the tires
looked like the tread "melted" and got deformed.never had a tire do that
before!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/513187964/513187964sNzXhU

I have got to say I was very impressed with the handling and SOUND of a
stock 350Z! Scott was able to hold off an EVO and only lost ground on the
straightaways...

We got in (5) 30 minute sessions, there were a few bonehead v8 drivers that
we would absolutely tailgate through the turns only to have to them give us
a pass-by on the straight and still keep on accelerating! I hate those
mofos!!!

It was just so much fun...I encourage everyone to take their car to the
track. If you think it handles great on backroads and public streets, wait
till you put it on a road course!