RE: Maaco - was Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint

To: 9laser3@bright.net, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com
Subject: RE: Maaco - was Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:58:49 -0500
I have a friend who had a Maaco Franchise and eventually sold it due to too
much a pain in the butt for not enough return.  I agree with all that has
been said, find a Maaco place with a good shooter, and good work coming out
the door, and discuss who does what part of the prep work in advance.

That being said,
I have a good local paint supplier, and still shoot my own cars.  My
favorite is sherwin willliams base coat, and they cheaper faster drying
local line of clear coat.  I have a huge furnace blower that sucks air out
of my paint booth, drawing warm resonably dust free air in from the roof
vents.  I wear a good quality organic vapor mask.  So far no problems from
the neighbors.  I do have furnace filters over the blower to filter out a
good part of the paint spray, but of course all the volitile stuff goes
right thru.

I have not yet heard of the new latex car paints.  That will be safe and
easy.  Wonder if it will shoot thru a normal paint gun??

Best Regaards,
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia