Maaco - was Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Maaco - was Hobbyists May Be Banned From Buying Paint
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:39:00 -0500
  I had an Opel GT that had a beautiful candy apple red paint job the drew
comments where ever I drove it.  Even took 2nd in class at an all German car
show.  When folks asked who painted it, I always hesitated before saying
Maaco.
  Before recommending or condemning Maaco, remember they are a franchise.
Any one with the bucks and a bit of talent can open up a Maaco shop.  Find
one with a good painter and an owner willing to take the time to do nice
work, and you can get a good paint job from them.

  Or go to just any old Earl Schib (SP?) $29.95, No ups, No extras, paint
shop and then watch as the paint peels off your car a week later at 50 mph!

Paul