Re: Maaco - recommendations?

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maaco - recommendations?
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:28:26 -0800
I remember a roadster at solvang that received a last minute Maaco job and it
looked good.
Can anybody recommend a Maaco shop in Southern California?
I'd like to do the brunt of the prepwork myself since I'm willing to spend
more time than the Maaco shop would.  I have peeling clear coat which I will
have to scrape the loose flakes and sand the edges smooth to avoid ridges in
the paint.
I will sand the entire car, but should/can I use rattlecan primer to smooth
any imperfections first?
This prep wil be done inside my garage.  I appreciate any suggestions.
TIA
Steve
70' 1600