Re: fuel starvation issue

To: slowboy@cox.net
Subject: Re: fuel starvation issue
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:40:49 -0500
You asked:

Is there anything special about the 67.5 wiper arms?

While we are here, what if anything is different between the wiper arms 1965
-
1970?

Man, you asked a lot!!  The 1500 and early 1600 used arms that had chrome
bases and narrow arm tips.  There were variations in the spring mechanism
and the shape of the chrome base, but these are pretty interchangeable.  As
Datsunmike (MGBmike?) pointed out, they pivot in opposite directions.  For
the 67.5 model, the bases were changed to a flat silver color, the tips were
wider, but they still pivoted in the same place.

In 68, the arms were changed to cooincide with the redesigned windshield.
They now pivoted in the same direction, and grew in length.  I don't know
the late cars that well, so I can't tell you how they changed.  Rallye has
some info here:

http://www.datsunroadster.com/SUB_SECTION_DIRECTORIES/wiper.htm

If you notice, the wiper blade assemblies for the late cars get
interesting...

Hope this helps!  BTW, I want to publicly say thank you to Dann at Rallye.
His website is such a FANTASTIC resource!!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html