RE: 5 speed trans questions...now core questions

To: pikis714@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 5 speed trans questions...now core questions
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:50:54 -0400
I have had several questions on type of synchros in the broken tranny, and
condition of
the core tranny.  I know the broken tranny has the "normal" metal synchros.
They are all new
except 4th to 5th, which does not normall wear much anyway.  I am not sure
about
the core.  I know when I had to flip a coin and decide which used tranny to
put in the car
when the good new one broke, this core is the one I did NOT choose, I think
it did not
feel as smooth when I was shifting and turning it by hand, but do not
remember if maybe
there was something even more wrong with it.

I will pull these things out and look at them, maybe split the core in half
and see what kind
of synchros it has, and give a report this coming week in case anyone is
seriously interested.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake