Re: Electrical Gremlin - car died

To: "Brucciani, Chris" <CBrucciani@archinsurance.com>
Subject: Re: Electrical Gremlin - car died
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:28:56 -0500
Chris,

Sounds like your ignition switch has gone bad. Not a big thing to
replace. Our vendors should have a replacement for you.

What are the colors of the wires hanging down by the coil? It may be
that one of them touched ground, causing a failing ignition switch to fail.

Peace,
Pat

Brucciani, Chris wrote:

>I went to take Pinky out for a drive last night and got a half a mile
>from the house and she died.  Somehow I figured out that if I kept the
>turned the ignition key towards the start position (there is a small
>range where the starter will not quite engage) it would run fine.  Very
>strange as I have been driving it off and on for a
>
>Clues - I recently installed the Boone dizzy, but have driven it pretty
>consistently since the install.  I have two wires hanging near the coil
>that I have no idea what they go to.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Chris Brucciani, RPLU
>Marietta, GA
>1968 2000 "Pinky"
>1973 240Z

-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --