Re: 5 speed trans questions...now core questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 5 speed trans questions...now core questions
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:23:16 -0400
The Porsche type synchro 5 speed tranny uses the same synchros as the 4
speeds except for 5th which is smaller.

I bought new synchros from Stan and they weren't all that expensive at the
time - about 110 or so.

I do believe there were Borg Warner trannies also but I've never seen one
except in a 4 speed. I could be wrong about this.

The later 5 speeds also used a gear case similar to the pattern on a 4
speed - cross hatch pattern which made the case stronger and they came
w/splined 5th gears. I had one and gave it to Dick Tillinger.

Mike