RE: 5 speed trans questions

To: ericerichoffman@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 5 speed trans questions
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:51:42 -0400
I have a 5 spd core you can have for $75 plus shipping.  Shipping will be a
lot.
I am in Virginia.

I have a rebuilt 5spd with new gaskets, bearings and synchros that
unfortunatly suffered
the big nut backing off, and then 5th gear neutral and then no reverse also.
  It suffered
some internal damage to at least one bearing, as a bearing ball or two came
out the
oil drain hole.  This I would sell for $200 because the VERY EXPENSIVE and
HARD TO FIND
synchros in there should still be pristine....tranny had less than 1K on it,
although some
of that was autocross miles.

My tranny guy now knows why that big nut is staked or welded, especially on
higher HP or
autocross applications....and he will give me a very good deal on another
rebuild, but I dont need
that done right now.  ( I would still have to locate and buy the parts)

If you or anyone else on the list is interested, contact me off list.
Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia