Re: 5 speed trans questions

To: "Jim Svedise" <svedise@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 5 speed trans questions
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:13:53 -0700
Having just rebuilt a tranny for my car, I had the same questions.
My brother was told to use ATF by someone, and has been doing so for a
couple of years.
The tech. that built my transmission said some of the newer cars use ATF or
even regular motor oil in some of the manual trans. Told me to use the
lightest weight oil recommended for trannies.

I asked on 311s.org and "Redline MTF" was mentioned as a good synthetic, and
I have decided to go with that.

BUT, I was reccommended by the tech. to use a good Dino oil at first to
flush/break in the new bits, and change it after the first 500 to 1000 kms.

My $0.02

Daryl

From: "Jim Svedise" <svedise@hotmail.com>