Re: acetone

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: acetone
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:16:38 -0700
You're, right.  Good to have chemical engineer on board.
Viton is a flouroelastomer that will swell in acetone as will Nitrile. But at
concentrations of less than 1/5th of one percent, the effects may be
neglegible.
Maybe use should be limited to long trips where the acetone won't sit in the
tank for extended periods of time.
As Jim Williams said, I'd better check the fuel floats.
A 38% increase in gas mileage is significant enough for me to risk trying it.

Steve
70' 1600