Re: The "Newbie" has found the love of his life.

To: "Matthew Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: The "Newbie" has found the love of his life.
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:07:20 -0400
Ditto on the great find comment!

The shackles were flipped on your car, probably because the springs have
lost their arch - in the photo, they appear to be arching upward - opposite
of how they should arch.  Some folks have had good luck getting them
re-arched and tempered by a spring shop, others have gotten replacements or
comp springs from our esteemed vendors.  A seach through the list archives
will  yield lots of info..... http://www.team.net/archive/datsun-roadsters

I will say that new comp springs are definitely STIFF, and when installed
are flat, no arch.  You feel every expansion joint, and chuck holes will
have you airborne in your seat ( as observed by tailgunner Paul Kort)  But,
they do make the car handle like its on rails.  Probably not the best for a
touring cruiser, but definitely worth it for a curve burner.
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/