SU Question - bogging after a hard run

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Question - bogging after a hard run
From: "Brucciani, Chris" <CBrucciani@archinsurance.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:54:11 -0400
It wasn't in my Roadster, but the answer may help someone out.  I spent
the early hours yesterday chasing a group of vintage drivers (except for
the brand new Ginetta) through the North Georgia/North Carolina
Mountains.  These guys were crazy fast!  Anyway I drove my 240Z and she
did great until the mid point of the run where I had to split off
anyway.  She started bogging and lost power.  Keep in mind I was hard
on/off throttle as we carved.  I was about 150 miles from home and it
made the cruise flawlessly at steady speed.  Could the floats have been
the source of my bogging?

PS - it was quite a lesson watching the racers of the bunch carve the
mountains.  Very fast but more importantly very smooth.  For me I drive
like I dance - poorly.
Chris Brucciani
Marietta, GA
1968 2000 "Pinky"
1973 240Z

Check out Arch's new and improved 'Fresh.Thinking.' website at
www.archinsurance.com.

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the alias address of this message. If the reader
responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested
not to distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return
e-mail and delete the original message from your system.