Fun road, east coast

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fun road, east coast
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:54:16 -0400
  Went backpacking last weekend and got lost on purpose on the ride home
when a big truck going really slow got out in front of us.  So at 219 and
50, which is Redhouse Maryland, we turned west on 50.  The next 60 miles was
all great pavement, beautiful scenery, and a whole bunch of fun curves and
hills, one right after another.  I doubt there was ever a place you could
see 1/4 mile straight ahead and the traffic on a Monday morning was non
existent.  And if you're wondering, at the end of that 60 miles, you're in
Clarksburg, West Virginia at Interstate 79, about 1.5 hours south of
Pittsburgh, PA.

  Our Saturday morning ride down to Dolly Sods to go backpacking was a 6
hour ride that included a stack of pancakes at the Summit Diner in Somerset,
PA.  The ride home, complete with a great steak hoagie at Sirianni's Cafe in
Davis, WV, took us over 9 hours.  We found a few other back roads to make it
interesting!  Now if only I had the roadster running!

Paul Kort
Ohio