Re: Datsun SPL212

To: <SPYDER62@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun SPL212
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:10:49 -0400
All I will say is that they are slow, very slow.

I was given a ride in one many, many years ago and it couldn't get out of
its own way and the handling was typical of 1950s American cars meaning it
stunk.

Interesting car though but definitely not a sports or sporty car.

Mike

PS - That car now resides in the Nissan museum in Japan. Car was purchased
at the Englishtown Flea market which is a dragstrip in NJ by the guy who
gave me a ride . He bought it from the original owners family in about 82. I
remember seeing a bill for a complete engine overhaul of about $80 by Datsun
:)