OT: 71 Datsun 240's Hopped Up and Racing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT: 71 Datsun 240's Hopped Up and Racing
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:04:11 -0600
Tried sending this from another site but it does not get thru.  Saw a
program on tv last night where two sets of mechanics worked on separate 71
240's and changed the cam, exhaust etc.  I believe the tv show owned the
cars and the mechanics worked to earn the right to win one or both.  One
even changed the intake manifold.  REmoved the side draft carbs and
installed a Holley 4 barrel.  Did all this w/ the engine in the car.  Both
240's had a straight 6 cylinder.  Each team then raced for the other team's
car.  Kind of like that "PINKS" show.  Interesting show but I still think
they are idiots for racing for each others car.  Larry.