Re: Opinions on window problem

To: "Jones Barton" <Jones_Barton@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Opinions on window problem
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:58:38 -0700
> My passenger side window when rolled up comes out of the metal
> channel on the angel window by about a quarter of an inch at the top.

There is (was) a white nylon spacer that goes under a screw in the
window track that acts as a 'bumper' to keep the window from going
past a certain point. It was briefly discussed a few weeks ago.

These pieces fall apart after a few dozen years, leading to your
being able to crank the window too far up and/or down. It was
undetermined if new bumpers are available.

-- John