Re: OT Nissan engine question

To: Patrick Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: OT Nissan engine question
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:47:18 -0500
> Someone thought that the original poster may have been thinking of a
> "3L" engine. This fellow just posted a bit more information about what
> he is wanting to find. Supposedly the intake from this engine is a
> replacement for a TR6, but with better flow characteristics. That may be
> the L13 valve!

Did you leave "valve" out of the next to last sentence?

The L-13/4 cyl. was an obviously smaller version of the L-16 that came in
the 510 here in the US. The US 510 (and maybe the Canadian models, too) came
with the head originally designed for the L13, which had 1 1/4 ports and (I
think) 1.50/1.25 valves. The "good" SSS L-4 heads have 1 1/2 ports and may
have come with 1.65/1.35 valves. Dave Lum's Datsuns.com site, already
mention by Daryl, should have all of this info. I have two of these heads
ready to use if I ever get off of my..., oh never mind. ;>)

In any case different sized valves for the L-motors should be readily
available.

Ron