Re: Diesel/240SX Transmission

To: Daryl Smith <drlsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: Diesel/240SX Transmission
From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:09:35 -0400 (EDT)
The throwout bearing assembly has me wondering tho. I was told by the tranny
shop to use the 240/diesel assembly, however when I bolted it to the motor, the
fork was pegged to front of the cutout on the
bellhousing. Then tried the roadster assembly (sleeve is shorter). It works but
the fork still seems to be too far forward (not much play between the fork and
the "cutout").

The general rule we use in Z Car land is use the throwout collar that was
associated with the clutch, not the transmission.  Sounds to me that the truck
collar is not an option.

Victor
Downtown Los Angeles
70 SRL