Diesel/240SX Transmission

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diesel/240SX Transmission
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 23:32:30 -0700
Well, I am to the point of bolting the transmission to the engine. Everything
lines up and bolts on.

The throwout bearing assembly has me wondering tho.

I was told by the tranny shop to use the 240/diesel assembly, however when I
bolted it to the motor, the fork was pegged to front of the cutout on the
bellhousing.

Then tried the roadster assembly (sleeve is shorter). It works but the fork
still seems to be too far forward (not much play between the fork and the
"cutout").

Any idea whether this will be alright? should the fork be nearer to the center
of the "cutout"?

Surgery was required on the frame for the tranny mount and also for the
electronic speedo sending unit. I know that will put some people off, but, I
decided to go with it. haven't got the dimensions with me at the moment so
will forward later, or in the writeup I will put together for this.

Hoping to have it sorted this weekend, first drive within the next two weeks
if all works out.

Any tips appreciated. Anyone running the deisel bellhousing and know what
parts to use for the Throwout bearing assembly?

Thankyou
Daryl
'66 1800 "Frankie"